The Shining Light in Lampasas
5/2/2020: Links for Sunday service, 5/3/2020:
4/29/2020: With Governor Abbott announcing houses of worship are considered essential, the elders have decided to resume our worship services in the building on May 17, 2020. There will be some rules we must adhere to:
– pre-packaged communion set will be passed out to attending members;
– seating will be every other pew and we are asked to sit a safe distance from others on the pew we sit on;
– wearing a mask is optional;
– please, no hugging or handshakes for now;
– hand sanitizer will be provided in the foyer; and
– volunteers are needed on Mondays at 10:00am to help sanitize pews, door handles and rest rooms.
From the elders: Please know that the guidelines issued by the Office of the Attorney General and the Office of the Governor suggest the at-risk population consider staying home to watch the service remotely. At-risk population are those who are 65 or older, especially those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune system. The wearing of face masks is strongly encouraged. If you are comfortable with wearing a face mask, wear it. If you feel sick, stay home !
4/11/2020: Worship services are now being posted to our Facebook page and on YouTube. You may copy and paste the link below, for the date you wish to view, into your favorite browser to view the video:
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/FirstStreetCOC/videos/1176270179431644/
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/_lBQDMrGZTI
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/FirstStreetCOC/videos/2525572237701436/
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/KoKN1Xk3CZo
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/FirstStreetCOC/videos/161774605077007/?t=41
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/ux48OMRvERg
Praying we can all be together again soon, in the meantime, let’s cyber-worship :).
3/19/2020 (Update): On Thursday, March 19, 2020 Governor Abbott publicized an executive order restricting gatherings of people to no more than 10. Our elders support our government, as Christians should, and have therefore cancelled ALL of our services and bible studies, Sunday AM/PM and Wednesday evening, until further notice.
Due to the pandemic our nation is facing with the spread of Coronavirus, our elders have made the decision to change our church gatherings to the following:
Please note the following changes to our church assembly schedule:
1) All Wednesday evening assemblies and classes are cancelled until further notice
2) Sunday morning assembly will remain as scheduled at 10:30 am for those who wish to attend, but 9:30 am bible classes are cancelled until further notice
3) Sunday evening assemblies are cancelled until further notice
4) the church Family Retreat scheduled for March 27-29th is cancelled
5) Ladies’ Thursday morning 10:00 am bible class cancelled until further notice.